Useful files for SportIdent Events using MEOS, Ór, SI Simple or SIDResults
The following files are generated from the results pages from the Sydney Summer Series
orienteering here and a database of all known
Australian SI numbers (based on numerous NSW events and Eventor).
IOF XML 3.0 databases (can be used by MEOS etc)
As of 4/9/13 these files are built from combining Eventor database with the larger itsdamp SportIdent archive. The Eventor id's are used for both clubs and competitors, which should make loading results back into Eventor cleaner. Once Eventor has a larger collection of SI data than itsdamp, the itsdamp database will be discontinued and these files won't be useful any longer.
- All SI numbers with owners and clubs, in the IOF XML 3.0 format used by MEOS and AutoDownload. This should be used in conjuction with the IOF XML 3.0 club database below. Saves a heap of typing at non-SSS events.
- Club database in the IOF XML 3.0 format used by MEOS and AutoDownload. This should be used in conjuction with the IOF XML 3.0 competitor database above.
- Converter tool to convert from OE2003 csv to the spreadsheet format you can paste into Eventor results
- Converter tool to convert from OEScore csv to the spreadsheet format you can paste into Eventor results
- Test version of Eventor a version of Eventor where you can safely test things out
- SI Simple software for running laptop-free SI events
- Package containing SI Check installer. This small Windows program can analyse a list of starters downloaded from the start unit and tell you which ones haven't been seen by Ór (i.e. they may be lost). Ór has this facility built-in but it doesn't handle re-use of SI cards. This has to be used in conjunction with SI-Config. Updated 25/2/11 to work with SI-5 cards
- Install package for periodic web printer. This small Windows program can check a web-page on a perodic basis (eg every 15 minutes) and print the page to the specified printer if it has changed. This can be used in conjunction with Ór if your web-results look better than Ór's printouts (which use a small font) or if you want to automate printouts. (Source included)
- Install package for Ór printer program. This Windows program will check Ór on a perodic basis (eg every 15 minutes) and print the results to the specified printer if they have changed. A special format option is provided to print Summer Series results to a receipt printer. (Must configure and activate live results in Ór for this to work, but if the connection to the server fails, printing still works). (Source included)
Ór Configuration files
Ór has a couple of features that allow it to interact with resources on the internet - it can download an archive of
known SI cards and the associated runner, and it can also upload results live from an event to a web-server. By default
this functionality points at the Orienteering Ireland server. The configuration changes below allow use of Australian based
resources hosted by Big Foot.>
- Ór configuration file that points at Big Foot web resources, rather than Orienteering Ireland ones (use this to replace your Or.csv file)
- All SI numbers with owners and clubs, in the archive format used by
Ór. (If you use the above Ór configuration file, then you don't need to download this file separately, the archive can be loaded into Ór from the Internet menu.) Saves a heap of typing at non-SSS events.
Other clubs who want to use these resources are welcome. Anyone who wants a copy of the PHP scripts we use on our web-server to make the live results work, contact Andy Simpson.
Summer Series files
- Guide to setting up Or for Sydney Summer Series How to set up a PC for use with Ór. Covers the Ór parts - you should already know how to successfully connect a master unit to the PC
- Ór competition set up for Summer Series, with controls 101-130 and Summer Series classes. Download and import into Ór using the "Import Competition menu"
- All summer series runners with SI numbers and clubs (where known) in format that can
be imported into Ór as a startlist using the "Import Startlist menu". Import after setting up the competition (see previous item). Do not use this if the event is not in the Summer Series format - utilising the larger SI archive will save more typing.
- Previous format for SSS start list - this doesn't work with Or 4.2.1 and later (possibly earlier versions). Use version above if it works.
- All SI numbers and their owners and clubs - use with the SISimple and SIDResults software as the
global file. SI Simple can download that link directly.
Problem with new releases of Java and Ór (October 2012)
Download this zip file and save it on the PC you use at events. If you find that Ór doesn't find your COM port (on Windows), then you may need this file. It contains a description of the problem, a fix to it and a file needed to effect the fix.
Database last updated Sunday, 18th October, 2020 @ 12:00am